...hello there :)...

search this blog

..traces left on one August 29, 2019 13:33

Meditation: switched back to spontaneous sessions.

The first half of this year I spent meditating on a daily basis. I was very intrigued especially by the potential effects, with the emphasis on how this particular way of practicing could affect Me, mood-, energy, vibration-wise, etc. After those six months, however, I came to the point in which I changed My mind about it (initially I didn't look at it as "an experiment", but rather as My new desired route to take). Below You'll find to what essential conclusions all that time lead Me.

Forced sessions ensured everyday "taste of peace".

I had exciting expectations here, mostly based on My current, several year long meditation practice: I thought I could expect high chances for the daily practice to provide some surprising improvements, or even open a completely new "dimension" of the experience. I knew that a regular, full-length meditation may give You a very interesting results - so I couldn't wait for this day-by-day formula experiment to be performed - and reap a glorious harvest.

The thing is that switching meditation into a habitual daily form turned out to act in an opposite direction - mostly due to the character of My current lifetime. What I mean here is that, for example, I don't feel like meditating each and every day, let alone I can't always provide a proper time span for it. To obey the habit, however, I was in the need to meditate anyway - so it was often forced rather than desired, and - moreover - could take even only a few minutes, spontaneously put somewhere between tightly arranged bunch of other activities - just enough to take a little breather, a glimpse of Inner Piece simply by easing Your mind for a moment.

Keeping that in mind it's not so surprising that the whole thing did not result in anything worth mentioning, anything noticeable. Although there were some interesting exceptions/experiences, their frequency was similar to that accompanying My earlier and regular (although not daily) practice.

If You would like to look at it through rose-colored glasses, You might say that it gave at least the certainty that each and every day I could rely on "the Inner Piece Moment". Reached on a daily basis it could, in theory, influence My Being = strengthen inner balance. But, again, I haven't observed any significant changes here (so perhaps just a few minutes is not enough, at least in My case...).

Full-length sessions usually provide tangible experience.

Full-length sessions, performed 100% out of "the mood" (or "intuitive drive") for it, have always been much better. First of all, they usually provide some interesting sensations and/or experiences. They usually provide a tangible level of relaxation and frequent opportunity "to meet with Yourself"... to visit the Spiritual. Last but not least, they are never forced - so oftentimes when I'm going to meditate in this way, I am already in a much more favorable state: higher energy level, more appropriate vibration, much more time to devote to the practice (i.e. without any subconscious rush = I don't need to be concerned about time at all), and so on.

Full length sessions usually satisfy Me, being accompanied with several positive associations, including positive attitude on the very beginning. I'm sure that all those factors are of great importance to the practice.

The final conclusion: habitual meditation is not always the right choice.

So what would be My final conclusion here? Is turning meditation into a daily routine really (not) a good idea? I think that it depends on Your individual aim and how Your typical satisfactory session looks like. If, for example, 15-minutes of meditating is enough for You to notice tangible impact - I'd surely recommend to keep going, especially on a daily basis, because it seems it works great for You, as well as it should give even better results in the long run. Or maybe it would be enough for You just to ease Your mind for a moment and that's it - it's completely fine to take advantage straight from the surface instead of diving any deeper.

But if Your case is similar to Mine - i.e. You are interested in gaining much more experiences and impact (e.g. spiritual-wise), and a few minutes of practice usually are not sufficient - it could be a waste to disperse Your time and energy into unmeaningful chunks. Go ahead and think full-length by always choosing the proper time and place as Your habit - rather than force Yourself to meditate daily at any price.

That is My choice after those six months of the experiment: I switch back to spontaneous, full-length practice. I am aware that it could be rare - but on the other hand I have the intention to make it at least a little bit more frequent (fingers crossed :) !). Furthermore, I'm gonna to label each and every session via Meditation Assistant to give it a little "blog-taste" - and maybe this way to encourage Myself to perform more often :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment