Most popular:
Anki - how to change the interface language.
Anki is a powerful tool to learn languages or something else by heart. Maybe at some point You would like to change the interface language ...
What’s on My Mind: January 2020.
First of all, finally I began to work on the second edition of my e-book on meditation (previously known as Meditation Guide ). It was long ...
Page Headers Based on Custom Heading.
If You prefer to use Your Own styles within Writer , it’s always nice to have them connected with all the rest Writer’s ‘magic’, like autom...
search this blog
..traces left on one June 2, 2016 22:22
My favorite Android Apps: FTPServer.
When it comes to Android apps, I especially love and appreciate those of them which are still light and can be used on older Android versions as well. For Me this is a matter of ergonomics and proper optimization (why to use some heavier app - if I can find another one which also works for Me, but uses much less resources - RAM, CPU, battery). I think in many cases it is possible to create software without "recommended requirements" closely related to the current newest OS or hardware.
FTPServer (by Andreas Liebig) is a great example of an ergonomic app which does its job, being incredible light (installation file weights 105kb) and works even under Android 1.6.
Basically You can use FTPServer for transferring files between Your computer and smartphone. I prefer this solution mainly because it is much simpler and faster than using USB cable. The only thing You need is a corresponding FTP client on PC/Mac. I personally recommend FileZilla - great, free, fast and easy to use. Moreover, it has an incredible advantage: You can export all its crucial settings to a file and then - in the case of further clean installation of the program- all You need is only to restore its settings by importing this file. Brilliant :) .
I use FTPServer also for the backup purpose (three-side synchronization incorporating a smartphone, Google Drive and PC) - in cooperation with another great tool: GoodSync, which detects which files have been changed and where there is a need to update them.
FTPServer on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=lutey.FTPServer




No comments:
Post a Comment